Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Weekend magazine. Did you know that there is a dosa known as "Kal dosa" that is cooked only on one side with a hood placed over it to obtain the steaming effect. In olden days, this particular crepe(dosa) was made with very little oil mainly for taking as a packed snack for journeys. Kal dosa is softer and plumper quite unlike the so-called paper-thin commercial variey.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 large potatoes, boiled,peeled and mashed
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour yoghurt
- 3 green chilies
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- oil, as required
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add just enough batter to form a batter of pouring consistency.
- Prepare dosas (crepes).
- Follow recipe for"Plain dosa" posted separately.
- Serve hot with chutney.
I really hate to give a poor review to a recipe, but this did not work at all for me. The flavor was good, but it did not work as a dosa. Maybe I did something wrong.