Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli stems
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Whip together first 5 ingredients, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup onions.
- Spread potatoes over bottom and up sides of 8 x 12 inch baking dish to make shell.
- Bake uncovered, for 25 minutes at 350*.
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Arrange in potato shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the rest of the french fried onions.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
Very good. I loved the flavor the french fried oniond gave this. We like our broccoli crisp/tender, so instead of pre-cooking it I placed them in a colander and poured hot water them to partially dethaw than placed them atop the potatoes and cookeds for the full length od time. Thank You Christine-