Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice alternative to the usual creamy soup because it doesn't use any cream but still achieves a nice thickness.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 potato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli
- 2 (20 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 1 carrot, diced
- celery salt and pepper
- Heat up the oil in a pot
- Brown the onions and garlic
- Add the broth, thin sliced potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper
- Simmer until potatoes are soft
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes
- Use a hand blender to mix everything into a smooth soup
- Add the larger potato pieces and simmer slowly until they're soft.
heathly and delicious! i make this soup weekly and everyone enjoys it. the only change i make is i use a vegetarian stock.
Great! I made this for lunch today. I used a few extra cloves of garlic and it had a great flavor without adding too much salt. At step three I accidentally added all the veggies at once. When it came time to blend I just scooped several ladles full of soup into my blender and left the rest chunky.
I started following the directions but my dh was also in the kitchen cooking and I had him add the boullion...he added beef. Oh well, it still tasted great, more like a beef stew flavor. Next time I will definitely use chicken or vegetable broth.