1 hr 5 mins
My sister served this chowder on Christmas Eve, I had to have 2 bowls of it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- frozen bread dough
- 1In a soup kettle, combine items 1-7, simmer for 20 minutes covered or until vegetables are tender.
- 2In a saucepan, melt better, stir in flour, cook& stir over medium heat 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 4Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- 5Add to vegetable mix with ham.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Stir in cheese until just melted.
- 8Bread Bowls: 1 loaf frozen bread (this will make 3 bowls- Rhodes is good brand to use).
- 9Let thaw slightly.
- 10Cut into 3 even pieces and shape into balls.
- 11Let rise and bake according to package directions.
- 12Once baked, cut into top of bread and take out bread to form a bowl.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Broccoli Chowder with Bread Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 1166.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.1 g