Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is certainly not your average potato casserole...layers of sliced potatoes between a creamy broccoli/Ricotta and Mozza cheese sauce...this casserole is beyond any words.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
Very nice, and quite filling. I think it would taste better using freshly grated mozzarella & ricotta from the deli counter. I did use a good parmesan which upped the flavour, along with plenty of salt & freshly ground black pepper. I had to cook for an extra thirty minutes, probably as I used a smaller baking dish. — Jun 29, 2005
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dry the thawed broccoli between paper towels to dry well.
- In a bowl, combine broccoli, Ricotta cheese, shredded carrot, green onions, marjoram and black pepper; stir well, set aside.
- Place one-third of the potato slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread with half of the brocolli mixture, sprinkle with half of the grated Mozza cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining potato slices, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover, and bake for 30 minutes, uncover, and bake an additional 55 minutes, or until potato is tender, and top is golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: if desired additional Mozza cheese may be sprinkled on top the last 20 minutes of baking time.