Recipe by Audrey M
A nice complement to any meal but especially great for potlucks or holidays.
Top Review by *Asha*
I was going to post this recipe as well because I didn't notice it was already here. I love this casserole! It tastes like a loaded bake potato, very creamy and cheesy. I use a 1 full cup of sharp cheddar cheese, because I love cheese. I also made it once with cauliflower as well. It does change the flavor a little bit but just as creamy and tasty. Thank you!
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (3oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add chopped broccoli and next 6 ingredients (broccoli through sour cream) to pan, and stir well.
- Spoon potato mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; bake at 375F for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.