Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Gourmet. Great for Brunch! Would also be good with sliced smoked salmon as a garnish or topper or even prosciutto.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 (5 ounce) packagechilled boursin cheese (garlic-herb)
- Put oven rack in middle postiton and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper until just combined.
- Heat oil in and ovenproof 9-10 inch nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add potatoes and green onions to oil, stirring once, then cover and cook until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir potato mixture once, then cover and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pour beaten eddgs evenly over potato mixture and crumble cheese over eggs. Transfer skillet to oven and bake frittata, uncovered, until set and just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Invert a plate over skillet and, holding them together with oven mitts, invert frittata onto plate and serve immediately.
I have been making this since 2005 and it is a winner! I add more salt, and I don't invert onto a plate, I just serve from the iron cast skillet. Versatile recipe, you can add any veggies you like. Thanks so much for posting, Suzy!