- 6 cups vegetable broth, canned or made from bouillon cubes
- 10 -12 medium mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 low-fat sour cream (optional) or 1⁄2 yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, mushrooms, onion, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are just tender; about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and seasoning.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, if desired.