1 hr 10 mins
Pink Penguin's Note:
A nice change to the tradtional gratin. Wear rubber gloves to advoid statins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190c/fan170c/gas 5.
- 2Put the cream garlic and thyme over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- 3Pass through a sieve and set aside, discarding the garlic and thyme.
- 4Slice the potatoes and beetroot to about 2mm thick use a mandolin if you have one.Pour a thin layer of cream into the bottom of a fairly deep 2 litre oven proof dish.Layer half the potatoes on top of the cream, pour over more cream and season to taste. Add all the beetroot in 1 layer.Add more cream, season, then top with the remaining potatoes. Pour over the remaining cream and season.
- 5Bake for 50-55 mins or until bubbling, golden and tender - a knife should go through without resistance.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Beetroot Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g