Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice change to the tradtional gratin. Wear rubber gloves to advoid statins
Make and share this Potato and Beetroot Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 190c/fan170c/gas 5.
- Put the cream garlic and thyme over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve and set aside, discarding the garlic and thyme.
- Slice the potatoes and beetroot to about 2mm thick use a mandolin if you have one.Pour a thin layer of cream into the bottom of a fairly deep 2 litre oven proof dish.Layer half the potatoes on top of the cream, pour over more cream and season to taste. Add all the beetroot in 1 layer.Add more cream, season, then top with the remaining potatoes. Pour over the remaining cream and season.
- Bake for 50-55 mins or until bubbling, golden and tender - a knife should go through without resistance.