1/3 Photos of Potato and Beet Salad
Every Easter my Mom would make this potato salad. This is not exactly hers but my version. Don't wait for Easter make it for your next picnic! Do use new potatoes if you like them firm but I myself like my potatoes soft so I find myself using russets, and if you don't want a precise cut salad with firm potatoes use russet. I find myself rough cutting the russets potatoes because they do fall apart and add to the creaminess of the dressing. FYI-You can toss the cubed, cooked, still warm, potatoes with the vinegar or beet juice and let set till cool even up to over night. Then add remaining ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup white vinegar (or use the juice from the pickled beets for more vibrant color)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise (adding more after tossing with salad ingredients for more creaminess if desired)
- 5 lbs new potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) jar pickled beets, drained and diced
- 1 red onion, diced fine
- 1 small green pepper, diced fine
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 6 eggs, boiled and diced
- 1Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Toss remaining ingredients into the large bowl with dressing, toss to coat.
- 3Chill for at least 1 hour overnight is best.
- 4Top with sliced egg and sprinkle paprika.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: