Recipe by Recipezaar BCP
Bring Southwestern flavor to the table with this hearty casserole. Substitution: Like a little kick? Just use jalapeño-flavor cheese and spicy tortilla chips. Special Touch: Dress up a weekend dinner by topping this casserole with salsa, sour cream, sliced green onions and chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (5 ounce) package Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 3 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 (11 ounce) can Green Giant Mexicorn, whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheddar cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in Potatoes, Sauce Mix and hot water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 17 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, without stirring, until corn is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tortilla chips immediately before serving.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Increase hot water to 3 1/2 cups. Cover skillet loosely and simmer. After adding cheese, cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.