Recipezaar BCP's Note:
Bring Southwestern flavor to the table with this hearty casserole. Substitution: Like a little kick? Just use jalapeño-flavor cheese and spicy tortilla chips. Special Touch: Dress up a weekend dinner by topping this casserole with salsa, sour cream, sliced green onions and chopped fresh cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (5 ounce) package Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 3 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 (11 ounce) can Green Giant Mexicorn, whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheddar cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- 2Stir in Potatoes, Sauce Mix and hot water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 17 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- 3Stir in corn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, without stirring, until corn is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tortilla chips immediately before serving.
- 4High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Increase hot water to 3 1/2 cups. Cover skillet loosely and simmer. After adding cheese, cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Beef-Tortilla Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 656.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Green Giant Mexicorn
taco-seasoned cheddar cheese