Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
Bring Southwestern flavor to the table with this hearty casserole. I got this recipe from a magazine,a few years back.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 3 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix.
- Stir in potatoes, and hot water.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 17 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, without stirring, until corn is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tortilla chips immediately before serving.