Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A quick and easy ground beef recipe adapted from menus4moms.com
Top Review by Kyene
Tasty! Easy to make. It was kind of bland for me though, so next time I'll add more butter/garlic to the potatoes. I also threw in a bag of frozen peas and that really made the dish pop more. But it was a fairly quick meal and overall enjoyable. Thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, sauteed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until they are soft when pierced with a fork; Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed while adding milk; Do not overbeat as you want them mashed but still a little lumpy.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to the potatoes (I also add some butter).
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Combine meat with onions and evenly distribute on top of potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- Spread the rest of the potatoes on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle all with bread crumbs to cover and dot with butter pats.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.