Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy ground beef recipe adapted from menus4moms.com
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, sauteed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- Boil potatoes until they are soft when pierced with a fork; Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed while adding milk; Do not overbeat as you want them mashed but still a little lumpy.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to the potatoes (I also add some butter).
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Combine meat with onions and evenly distribute on top of potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- Spread the rest of the potatoes on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle all with bread crumbs to cover and dot with butter pats.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Tasty! Easy to make. It was kind of bland for me though, so next time I'll add more butter/garlic to the potatoes. I also threw in a bag of frozen peas and that really made the dish pop more. But it was a fairly quick meal and overall enjoyable. Thanks!
Pretty good, but I found it a bit bland for my own tastes. My husband loved it, however, so I'll make it again with some changes. Next time I'll add some more veggies and maybe try to make the meat a little saucy, more like a shepherd's pie, but as this was quick, easy, and tasty, it's worth it to tweak it to my tastes and make it again. Seems like it's really versatile, which makes it a good recipe, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!
I had to make this pie after seeing Marsha D's photo. I knew it would be a hit in my family and it was! It is very simple to make and it is such a comfort meal. I took Marsha's suggestion and added a can of corn. The only thing I might do differently next time is to melt the butter and then pour it over the bread crumb topping so it distributes more evenly. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this keeper.