Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in cooking light mag. I added more potato to make it a little more hardy along with using broth instead of consumme (use vegetable broth for a great vegetarian dish). My husband and kids loved it. Great way to get those beans in your diet. Yumm!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 (16 ounce) cansmall white beans (drain and rinse)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Spray large pot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper and garlic.
- Saute about 5 minutes, till vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add water, potato, tomatoes, garbanzo, kidney, and white beans, beef broth and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, till potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.