Recipe by Manami
This is a nice combination for a morning dish or for any other time, as well. Recipe courtesy of Tanya Holland.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into a small dice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into a small dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into a small dice
- 8 potatoes, peeled, chopped into small dice and blanched
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook bacon to render fat.
- Strain fat from bacon and set aside.
- Reserve bacon on paper towels.
- Use 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to saute onions, garlic and bell peppers until soft.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender and crispy.
- Add reserved bacon, season to taste and sprinkle the fresh parsley over the top.