1/2 Photos of Potato and Bacon Frittata Bake
This is great for a light dinner, served with a crusty bun. You can bake the frittata in a glass baking dish instead of a saute pan if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 slices uncooked bacon, more if desired
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onions or 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers (or a mixture) or 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or a mixture)
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 -7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1In a extra-large OVEN-PROOF saute pan or frypan, cook bacon until crisp, do not drain (leave the bacon in the frypan).
- 2Add in the diced potatoes, chopped onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; saute until the potatoes are fork-tender (this should take 20 minutes to half an hour).
- 3Turn off the heat, and mix in the grated Parmesan cheese, mix to combine.
- 4Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the lightly beaten eggs, whole milk, Bisquick baking mix, grated cheese and the melted butter; mix well.
- 6Pour over the bacon/potato mixture in the frypan, sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired; mix gently.
- 7Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (don't overbake).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Bacon Frittata Bake
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 267.6 mg
- Sodium 861.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.7 g