Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great for a light dinner, served with a crusty bun. You can bake the frittata in a glass baking dish instead of a saute pan if desired
- 6 -8 slices uncooked bacon, more if desired
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onions or 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell peppers (or a mixture) or 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or a mixture)
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 -7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- In a extra-large OVEN-PROOF saute pan or frypan, cook bacon until crisp, do not drain (leave the bacon in the frypan).
- Add in the diced potatoes, chopped onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; saute until the potatoes are fork-tender (this should take 20 minutes to half an hour).
- Turn off the heat, and mix in the grated Parmesan cheese, mix to combine.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the lightly beaten eggs, whole milk, Bisquick baking mix, grated cheese and the melted butter; mix well.
- Pour over the bacon/potato mixture in the frypan, sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired; mix gently.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (don't overbake).
Beautiful! I added 2 mushrooms as well for some extra flavour, also I had no idea what bisquick was(being from down under), so I added 2 tablespoons of flour, it was really really scrumptious, and great cold the next day too! Hubby had three servings so I guess that speaks for itself!
This was very tasty. I would love to add the peppers, but the kid doesn't like them, so I had to leave them out. Sigh! I believe it would have tasted even better with them added.
I made this with Gruyere and Parmesan, 2% milk, and red, green and yellow bell peppers. Even after 30 minutes of cook time, it never really set in the center, but we loved it anyway. The leftovers made an absolutely fabulous breakfast the next day.