Recipe by Babyoil
My Australian husband introduced me to this recipe. It is good for breakfast or for brunch.
Top Review by Merlot
A wonderful Frittata!!! I made this for breakfast and received rave reviews. The only thing I did different was pre-cook the potatoes the night before in order to save a bit of time. What a quick and easy breakfast or brunch!! Thank you Babyoil for sharing this great recipe and be sure to thank you husband also. I recommend this dish to everyone! :-)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved,sliced thinly
- 5 slices bacon, chopped coarsely
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled,chopped coarsely
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook onion, bacon and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add potato and cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a medium bowl, clean the frying pan.
- Coat the inside of the pan with the remaining oil and return the potato mixture to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and water with salt and pepper until well mixed; pour over potato mixture.
- Cook the frittata over low heat, covered loosely with foil, for about 8 minutes or until the base is browned lightly.
- Place frittata under a hot grill (broiler) until set and top is browned.
- Half a cup of grated cheese can be added to the egg mixture or sprinkled on top before grilling, if desired.
- Not suitable to freeze nor microwave.