My Australian husband introduced me to this recipe. It is good for breakfast or for brunch.
Make and share this Potato and Bacon Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- Heat half the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook onion, bacon and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add potato and cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a medium bowl, clean the frying pan.
- Coat the inside of the pan with the remaining oil and return the potato mixture to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and water with salt and pepper until well mixed; pour over potato mixture.
- Cook the frittata over low heat, covered loosely with foil, for about 8 minutes or until the base is browned lightly.
- Place frittata under a hot grill (broiler) until set and top is browned.
- Half a cup of grated cheese can be added to the egg mixture or sprinkled on top before grilling, if desired.
- Not suitable to freeze nor microwave.
A wonderful Frittata!!! I made this for breakfast and received rave reviews. The only thing I did different was pre-cook the potatoes the night before in order to save a bit of time. What a quick and easy breakfast or brunch!! Thank you Babyoil for sharing this great recipe and be sure to thank you husband also. I recommend this dish to everyone! :-)
This was really tasty and filling. I would say it would easily serve more than four, probably more like six so next time I'll reduce it. I used potatoes that I had cooked earlier in the day and carmelized onions and pre-cooked bacon that I keep on hand in the freezer. This makes for very fast throw-togther meals like this one. Served with a garden salad on the side and enjoyed a nice dinner. Thanks for sharing your husband's recipe! We'll be doing this one again.
This was so delicious! Made for breakfast this morning. It took quite a long time to cook the potatoes, so next time, might cook them ahead. But they did have a good taste. Really good recipe; will make again!