Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
It's cold and you want something warm and yummy to eat.. then this is the soup for you. It's definitely a family lover!!
- 250 g bacon, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 300 g sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in large heavy saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- Melt butter in pan and cook onions, celery, and thyme over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Return bacon to pan, then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and gradually add blended stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream and and parsley. Return to heat and cook without boiling, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.