Recipe by crawfish pie
Found this on a can of Nestle evaporated milk and needed to share it with all my Zaar freinds!!It sounds delicious!I have not tried it yet,but the ingredients are on my shopping list!!Hope you enjoy:)
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces turkey bacon or 8 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) cannestle carnation evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Grease 8 inch square dish.
- Layer 1/2 potatoes,1/2 onion,1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared dish;repeat layers.
- Combine evaporated milk, egg and season salt in small bowl.
- Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
- Bake for 55-60 min.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 min.
- Let stand for 10-15 min before serving.