Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Found this on a can of Nestle evaporated milk and needed to share it with all my Zaar freinds!!It sounds delicious!I have not tried it yet,but the ingredients are on my shopping list!!Hope you enjoy:)
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces turkey bacon or 8 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) cannestle carnation evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Grease 8 inch square dish.
- Layer 1/2 potatoes,1/2 onion,1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared dish;repeat layers.
- Combine evaporated milk, egg and season salt in small bowl.
- Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
- Bake for 55-60 min.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 min.
- Let stand for 10-15 min before serving.
Wonderful simple dish.The bacon gave it an excellent taste.Only change I made was to put 1/2 cup milk instead of 1 cup and I also added 1/2 cup sour cream.
made this last night and was really impressed. Just the right size for my family. The only adjustment I made was the addition of an 8 ounce container of sour cream. I mixed it in with the milk and egg before pouring over the top.
Great recipe for brunch and feeds a crowd!