Tasty little potato, bacon and vegetable balls that are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside. Make a great nibble or side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, chop and cook potatoes (boil, steam or microwave) until tender.
- 2Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- 3Crumble the chicken stock cubes into 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- 4Melt butter in a pan and add the bacon and onion and cook until the onion is soft.
- 5Combine all remaining ingredients except for eggs and breadcrumbs and oil.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- 8Dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- 9Heat oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry balls until browned all over and crisp.
- 10Drain on paper towels and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Bacon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (2308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g