Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty little potato, bacon and vegetable balls that are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside. Make a great nibble or side dish.
- Peel, chop and cook potatoes (boil, steam or microwave) until tender.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Crumble the chicken stock cubes into 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Melt butter in a pan and add the bacon and onion and cook until the onion is soft.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except for eggs and breadcrumbs and oil.
- Mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry balls until browned all over and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
man these are little rippers!! my whole family loved them.the kids didnt even know there were vegies in them. thanks for a fantastic recipe. Peoples if you are looking for a real kid pleaser!! I highly recommend these. My mouth is watering just remembering them lol