Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty little potato, bacon and vegetable balls that are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside. Make a great nibble or side dish.
- Peel, chop and cook potatoes (boil, steam or microwave) until tender.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Crumble the chicken stock cubes into 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Melt butter in a pan and add the bacon and onion and cook until the onion is soft.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except for eggs and breadcrumbs and oil.
- Mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry balls until browned all over and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
man these are little rippers!! my whole family loved them.the kids didnt even know there were vegies in them. thanks for a fantastic recipe. Peoples if you are looking for a real kid pleaser!! I highly recommend these. My mouth is watering just remembering them lol