Recipe by evelyn/athens
An easy, tasty stew with Spanish flavours. Served on its own, it can be served as a tapas or as a main dish over buttered noodles.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Super easy and delicious! I know that many people don't like squid, but if you do, try this stew! It's a great, different way to prepare squid. I think this is nice just as is, but I'm sure it's also great over noodles. Thanx for posting!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock or 1 1⁄2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 pinch saffron thread, crushed
- 1 lb baby calamari, cut into 1 inch rings
- buttered noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and bay leaf and saute 3 minutes more.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, fish stock and saffron and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Add squid and simmer until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over buttered noodles.