Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty potato and apple salad with capers, dill seed, spices and blended with lemon juice, sour cream, hard cooked egg yolks and egg.
- 4 cups waxy potatoes, cooked, cold and sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dill seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large hard cooked egg yolks, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tart apple, diced
- salad greens
- Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add the diced onion, parsley, salt, chopped capers, ground dill seed and black pepper.
- Blend together lemon juice, egg, hard cooked egg yolks, and sour cream and add to potatoes along with diced apple. Mix lightly.
- Serve on salad greens.
- The Spice Cook Book.