1 hr 40 mins
This dish takes alot of time to prepare but it is delicious. The potatoes and Washington delicious apples go well together. I use a mandoline to slice the potatoes and apples which speeds things up a bit. I also make this in a quiche dish and when inverted onto a plate, it makes a pretty presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Brush 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 1 1/2-inch-high sides with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- 3Line bottom of pan with parchment; brush parchment with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- 4Place apple slices, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon minced sage in small bowl.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 6Place potatoes, remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons minced sage in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 7Arrange 1 layer of neatest potato slices in concentric circles in prepared pan, overlapping potatoes in outermost circle (this will become top of galette).
- 8Top with second layer of potatoes.
- 9Top with apple slices.
- 10Cover with remaining potatoes.
- 11Pour leftover butter from bowls used to toss potatoes and apple on top.
- 12Bake galette until potatoes are tender when tested with tip of sharp knife and top is beginning to brown, about 1 hour.
- 13Remove galette from oven.
- 14Turn out onto 9 or 10-inch tart pan bottom; peel off parchment.
- 15(Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.).
- 16Preheat broiler. Broil galette until top is golden, about 2 minutes.
- 17Transfer galette to platter. Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g