Recipe by evelyn/athens
Looking for a way of disguising your leftover mashed potatoes? Try this scrumptious swedish potato dumpling recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed potatoes (firmly packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup ham, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and beat in egg yolks. Stir in breadcrumbs, potatoes and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Knead and shape into a long roll. Cut off pieces about the size of a walnut. Flatten each piece in the palm of your hand and place a cube of ham in the middle. Shape into a round dumpling, enclosing meat completely. Cook, uncovered, in simmering soup or stock for 10 minutes. Cover and cook a further 5 minutes. Can be eaten with the soup, or drained and served as a side.