Recipe by Mini Ravindran
A dish which elicits endless repetitions and it is so easy to prepare. Potatoes get a real Indian taste.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in oil til transparent.
- Add all the spices and potato.
- Cover and cook on low heat.
- When the potatoes have softened a little, add tomatoes, mix well and cook till potatoes have softened and water has dried.
- Do not add any extra water.
- Enjoy with Indian or pita bread.