Recipe by BecR
Fresh mixed seasonal greens, berries, flowers and herbs from the potager garden make this salad special. Use whatever is seasonal from your own garden, or from the local Farmer's Market. Ensure that the flowers are edible types, and are unsprayed and grime-free (rinse well and wipe before using).
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (leaves of young lettuces in different shades of green and red, pale lacy frisee and other chicories)
- 3 mint leaves, chopped
- 3 lemon balm leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh chervil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh ripe raspberries
- fresh edible flower (such as violets, johnny jump-ups, nasturtiums, lavender, or rose petals)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together the mustard and the olive oil, then add the vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- When ready to serve, add the mixed greens and toss until the leaves are evenly coated.
- Garnish with the raspberries and fresh edible flowers, and serve right away.