Potage Lyonnais (Pumpkin Soup Lyon-Style)
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks and peel them.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them into pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Put the pieces of pumpkin and potatoes stirring every couple of minutes, then cover with water and cook until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the Emmental into small pieces.
- When the pumpkin and the potatoes are cooked, puree them into a soup. Season well, add the cream and put on low heat, stirring until the first bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Divide the cheese cubes in bottom of soup plates, pour the soup on top, add a little cream and serve immediately.