Recipe by graffeetee
This is a quick and rather rustic version for those of you who enjoy a bit more texture. I usually leave the potatoes unpeeled for greater ease and nutritional value, but you may peel them if you wish. Enjoy as is or garnish with a bit of creme fraiche.
Top Review by zaar junkie
We loved this soup. Easy and so delicious, especially the next day. I think I'd reduce the butter just a bit though for the next time. This is great with some warm crusty bread. Can't wait to make this again. Thanks for posting!
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted if you are using a commercial bouillon)
- 2 large leeks, sliced (use both the white and the tender part of the green)
- 3 cups chicken stock (or use broth or bouillon)
- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (use the baking variety if possible)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Add leeks and sauté until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, until potatoes are done.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes directly in the broth. Leave it chunky, this soup is not supposed to be smooth.