1/1 Photo of Potage Crécy (French Carrot Soup)
1 hr 10 mins
Member #610488's Note:
The carrots grown in the region of Crécy, France are some of the tastiest in the whole country so Carrot Soup in France is named "Potage Crécy". Traditionally, the English should eat carrot soup on the anniversary of the Battle of Crecy (August 26, 1346) when they triumphed over the French in the Hundred Years War.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium heat, melt butter in a heavy dutch oven. Stir in the onions and cook 5 minutes, until golden.
- 2Add carrots, broth, tomato paste and rice. Simmer 30 minutes.
- 3Puree in blender in small batches until smooth. Return to pan.
- 4Add salt and pepper and stir in the cream. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the softened butter and serve with two carrot curls per serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potage Crécy (French Carrot Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 622.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g