Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious soup from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (Coleman's recommended)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk, hot
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter; add dry ingredients and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook together for ten minutes, stirring constantly until a smooth sauce sauce results.
- Pour hot milk over crab meat; add to seasoned sauce gradually, stirring constantly.
- Just before serving, add sherry.
- Add Worcestershire and Tabasco to taste.