Mura Wehi's Note:
A taco in a potato! The creation of my friend. It feeds well, is easy to make and is *FILLING*. It's a good "Go to".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray the bottom of a frying pan with cooking spay so that the meat won't stick.
- 2Cook the ground meat until no pink color is left. (Time to cook ground meat may vary, depending on meat used.).
- 3Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the meat then roughly half of the taco seasoning. Stir it all until it's combined, then turn off the heat.
- 4Poke shallow holes in your potatoes, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. (Note: Do not poke holes in the wrap or the potato will not cook properly.).
- 5Set the power on HIGH and cook for 5-7 minutes each. (Depending on your microwave) You may want to cook them one at a time. (We haven't tried cooking both at a time -- ).
- 6Carefully remove the potatoes from the microwave and cut them open with a butter knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. Add 1 Teaspoon of butter to each potato.
- 7Plate each potato, and pile on the meat.
- 8Top with the cheese, and add sour cream. Enjoy! (You could adjust the cheese and sour cream amounts to your liking, too).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potaco
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.2
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.5 mg
- Sodium 1848.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 34.9 g