Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune food guide. I'd love to try it but I'm the only cabbage lover in the house and I don't want to make this just for me! I hope someone on 'zaar will try it and let me know how it is.
- 1⁄2 lb frozen meat pot stickers or 1⁄2 lb vegetable pot stickers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 head Chinese cabbage or 1 head napa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms or 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper, to taste
- prepared mustard, sauce or vinaigrette, see note
- Cook pot stickers in skillet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in wok or large skillet.
- Add cabbage and mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, water, sugar and red pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon cabbage onto plates.
- Top with potstickers.
- Drizzle mustard sauce over pot stickers.
- Note: use any commercial mustard sauce if you like, or make your own Chinese mustard; mix 2 T dry mustard with 2 T water.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
It took someone over six years to try this, and now that I have, it will be made again. Even with the amount of cabbage used, there was nothing left.