Recipe by hollyfrolly
My favorite recipe for delicious Asian dumplings. This is Tyler Florence's recipe, but I like to tweak it to make it my own sometimes... Add minced shitakes, more shrimp and less pork, a dollop of chili paste, scallions- whatever! Enjoy! (I love to use my Asian Dipping Sauce for this recipe!) ***In addition to the items below, you will need one package of 24 potsticker wrappers (wonton wrappers also work well) found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets. --Zaar was not recognizing this ingredient so I thought I'd note it here!
- 113.39 g ground pork
- 56.69 g shrimp, uncooked, peeled, minced
- 1 egg white
- 59.14 ml water chestnut, minced
- 29.58 ml Chinese celery, minced
- 4.92 ml cilantro, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml sesame oil
- 44.37 ml cooking oil
- 158.51 ml chicken broth or 158.51 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the following ingredients: pork, shrimp, egg white, water chestnuts, chinese celery, cilantro, ginger, sugar, salt, sesame oil. Add a pinch of pepper to season.
- Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- You will put together 4 at a time, so in the meantime, be sure to cover the rest of the wrappers with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying up.
- On a clean surface lay 4 wrappers out. Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the center of each one.
- Brush the edges of each wrapper with water and fold in half over the filling.
- Pinch the edges together to make half-circles.
- Place completed, ready-to-cook potstickers on a baking sheet with the seam side up and cover with a clean dry towel, while you finish assembling the remaining potstickers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a 1 1/2 tablespoon oil. Add one half of the potstickers, seam side up. Cook until the bottoms are golden and crispy~ approximately 4 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed~ approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer cooked potstickers to a platter and cover.
- Repeat- cooking remaining potstickers.
- Dip: Into your favorite dipping sauce. Try my recipe #312966.