Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
One dish meal modified from Real Simple. I'll most likely substitute one package stir fry vegetables for the sugar snap peas, and carrots. If using the bamboo shoots, you might add them to the pot while the vegetables steam! Make this a more substantial meal by adding hot cooked rice to each bowl before topping with the vegetables, pot stickers, and sauce.
Top Review by duonyte
If you use a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, this is as quick as a flash. I have found several decent blends, and that's what I used. I omitted the bean sprouts, as I did not want to go to the market and we don't really like them. Reduced the amount of soy sauce, and it was plenty flavorful. I did add some grated ginger, which I think works well with this type of dish. Thanks for a quick meal idea.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen pot sticker (pork, chicken, or vegetable)
- 3⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots (sliced)
- 5 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce (original recipe was 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts (about 1 1/2 cups, or substitute 8 ounces sliced bamboo shoots)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- cooked white rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket (or fill a large skillet with ½ inch of water). Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the pot stickers in the basket (or skillet), cover, and steam for 4 minutes.
- Add the snap peas, carrots, and water chestnuts. (Substitute stir fry vegetables for the snap peas and carrots, if desired.) Cover pot and steam until the pot stickers are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and optional honey.
- Add hot cooked white rice to bowls, if desired.
- Divide the bean sprouts among bowls and top with the pot stickers and vegetables. (If substituting bamboo shoots, you might add them to the pot while the vegetables steam.).
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and scallions. Serve with the sauce.