Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like a intruguing south-east Asian twist on the classic dumpling!
- 300 g pork mince
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml ketjap manis or 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2.46 ml grated ginger
- 59.14 ml chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 egg white
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 1 large red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- For the dipping sauce, place the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and chilli in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- To make the dumplings, place the mince, onions, ketjap manis, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, coriander and eggwhite in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the pork mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Brush the edges with waterm fold to enclose the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Repeat until all the wrappers have been used.
- Cook the dumplings in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 min or until cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the ol and cook the dumplings for 1 min each side or until golden. Serve with dipping sauce.
These were great!!! Boiled a few in chicken stock and added a little of the chili sauce, hot sesame oil and left over green onion to the broth for soup, then served the rest as finger food, they never stood a chance, gone in about 15 min.... Thanks
Soooo yummy! Thanks!