1/2 Photos of Pot Sticker Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cm gingerroot, peeled
- 250 g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 350 g ground pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- cornflour, for dusting
- 2 (275 g) packages wonton wrappers (gow gee round)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- chinese red rice vinegar (for dipping sauce)
- 1Finely grate 1 piece of ginger, then finely shred second piece.
- 2Place cabbage in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt then leave for 30 minutes. Squeeze handfuls of cabbage to remove excess water then place in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger, minced pork, onions, sauces, sesame oil and wine and combine well.
- 3Line a large tray with baking paper then dust with cornflour. Using a finger, wet edge of a wrapper with a little water. Place 2 level tsp of filling in centre. Fold wrapper in half and, using your thumb and index finger, pleat one edge, then press edges together to seal. Place in a single layer on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Dumplings can be made up to 6 hours in advance and stored covered in the fridge.
- 4Preheat oven to 150°C Heat 1 tbs peanut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 12 dumplings, pleated side up in a single layer, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown underneath. Carefully add 1/2 cup boiling water, then cover partially with a lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until water has evaporated and dumplings are crisp underneath. Transfer to an oven tray, cover with foil and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings.
- 5Serve with bowls of red vinegar combined with the shredded ginger, for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Sticker Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (1330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: