1/1 Photo of Pot-Roasted Chicken With Sweet and Sour Sauce
2 hrs 15 mins
This is a Jamie Oliver Recipe that I tried the other night - it was sooooo yummy. Mmmm! You will need about 4 inch piece of fresh ginger and a handful of fresh parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven 190c/375F/Gas5.
- 2You will need a casserole dish large enough for the chicken to sit on top of all the vegetables and pineapple .
- 3You will also need a food processor.
- 4Crush the fennel seeds and put to one side.
- 5Chop the parley and put to one side.
- 6Cut the stalk off the top of the chillies. Snap them in half and put those to one side too.
- 7Grate the ginger - Leaving the skin on.
- 8Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper and stuff the cavity with the parsley and ginger.
- 9Cut the red onions and peppers and pineapple into quarters and put into a cold casserole dish.
- 10Add the chillies and crushed fennel seeds. Drizzle with 3 good glugs of olive oil.
- 11Sprinkle with salt and pepper and give it a good stir to coat everything well.
- 12Place the chicken on top and pat it with a little oil. Cook in the middle of a pre-heated oven until the chicken is cooked - about 1 and 50 minutes.
- 13***Please note cooking time is APROX - please read the lable on the chicken. The chicken is only cooked when the juices run clear and you can easily pull the bone from the thighs.
- 14When cooked, remove the chicken and drain the juices over the pan.
- 15Also remove half of the vegetables and half of the pineapple and put with the chicken and keep warm.
- 16Put the remaining vegetables and pineapple from the pan into a food processor with the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Correct the seasoning with a little salt and pepper - if needed.
- 17Blend to make a lovely sauce. ONLY if needed add a little boiling water to loosen and thin out.
- 18Remove the chicken from the bone and put onto serving plates - pour over the sauce.
- 19I served mine with boiled rice.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot-Roasted Chicken With Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1258.5
- Calories from Fat 720
- Total Fat 80.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 365.0 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 89.3 g