Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a Jamie Oliver Recipe that I tried the other night - it was sooooo yummy. Mmmm! You will need about 4 inch piece of fresh ginger and a handful of fresh parsley.
- Preheat the oven 190c/375F/Gas5.
- You will need a casserole dish large enough for the chicken to sit on top of all the vegetables and pineapple .
- You will also need a food processor.
- Crush the fennel seeds and put to one side.
- Chop the parley and put to one side.
- Cut the stalk off the top of the chillies. Snap them in half and put those to one side too.
- Grate the ginger - Leaving the skin on.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper and stuff the cavity with the parsley and ginger.
- Cut the red onions and peppers and pineapple into quarters and put into a cold casserole dish.
- Add the chillies and crushed fennel seeds. Drizzle with 3 good glugs of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and give it a good stir to coat everything well.
- Place the chicken on top and pat it with a little oil. Cook in the middle of a pre-heated oven until the chicken is cooked - about 1 and 50 minutes.
- ***Please note cooking time is APROX - please read the lable on the chicken. The chicken is only cooked when the juices run clear and you can easily pull the bone from the thighs.
- When cooked, remove the chicken and drain the juices over the pan.
- Also remove half of the vegetables and half of the pineapple and put with the chicken and keep warm.
- Put the remaining vegetables and pineapple from the pan into a food processor with the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Correct the seasoning with a little salt and pepper - if needed.
- Blend to make a lovely sauce. ONLY if needed add a little boiling water to loosen and thin out.
- Remove the chicken from the bone and put onto serving plates - pour over the sauce.
- I served mine with boiled rice.
Love this recipe, easy as and even i get it right