Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Evelyn Tribole's Healthy Homestyle Cooking
- 12 ounces tiny potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef top round roast, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 baby carrots
- 8 tiny boiling onions or 2 small onions, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Peel a strip around the center of each potato and set aside.
- Lightly spray a Dutch oven with no-stick spray and add meat.
- Brown meat over med-high heat and drain drippings.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegetable juice cocktail, worcestershire sauce, and basil.
- Pour the juice mixture over meat.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery and bake covered for 45-60 minutes more, or until meat and veggies are tender.