Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From the Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave Cookbook. Developed for convection microwave ovens between 700 & 1050 watts.
- 4 -5 lbs beef roast (round or chuck)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce
- Place meat in a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Pat seasonings onto meat.
- Add vegetables to dish around meat.
- Combine water and browning sauce; pour into casserole dish.
- Cover & roast 20-22 minutes PER POUND on High Mix setting, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.