Recipe by Nancy_Nemecek
I accidentally opened the wrong can of soup, but decided to give it a try anyway. The result was decidedly the best accident I ever made. My family loved it and continues to request it regularly.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs arm roast or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs swiss roast
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled & quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees f.
- Place meat in roasting pan which has a tight fitting lid. Lightly salt and pepper. Mix the soups and the worcestershire sauce together and pour over meat. Arrange the carrots and potatoes around the meat and lightly salt and pepper. Cover and bake 1 & 1/2 hours for the 1st pound of meat and 15 to 20 minutes each additional pound, depending on the cut of meat.
- Let sit for approximately 15 minutes before cutting.
- Sometimes I will add some thawed frozen peas the last 20 - 30 minutes
- This can be done in a slow cooker, but the gravy will need thickened.
- If you prefer, you can use the potatoes to make mashed; the gravy is excellent for topping mashed potatoes.