3 hrs 10 mins
The sour cream gravy with this is creamy, and has a great flavor. It's really easy to make, and great on a winter afternoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven; add water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/3 hours.
- 2Add vegetables, cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, adding additional water if needed.
- 3Remove roast and vegetables to a serving dish. drain off drippings, leaving 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan; reserve remaining drippings.
- 4Stir flour into drippings in pan with wire whisk, cook over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly.
- 5Add enough water to reserved drippings to make 1 cup, stir into flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- 6Add sour cream, salt and pepper, cook stirring constantly until thoroughly heated. Serve gravy with roast, and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g