Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sour cream gravy with this is creamy, and has a great flavor. It's really easy to make, and great on a winter afternoon.
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven; add water. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/3 hours.
- Add vegetables, cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, adding additional water if needed.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving dish. drain off drippings, leaving 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan; reserve remaining drippings.
- Stir flour into drippings in pan with wire whisk, cook over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add enough water to reserved drippings to make 1 cup, stir into flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper, cook stirring constantly until thoroughly heated. Serve gravy with roast, and vegetables.