1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Rick B(2)'s Note:
This is a recipe from the Frugal Gourmet cooking show a few years ago. A great dish the I have prepared many times!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, heat oil and brown roast on both sides.
- 2Add wine to pan and simmer roast, uncovered, until wine is reduced to about 1/2 (this will take about 15 minutes or so----I usually turn the roast over at least once during this time).
- 3Add consomme and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- 4In a small frying pan mix flour with melted butter to make a roux (lightly browned).
- 5After roast has simmered for the 1 hour, add roux to meat and sauce, stirring to thicken.
- 6Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 7Cover and simmer until tender, at least another 1/2 hour.
- 8This can be served over noodles or rice and garnished with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast with Port (Stove Top)
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.1
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 503.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 46.8 g