Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is one of the recipe that I haven't tried yet, but it sounded simply delicious - It's another one on my to-do list -
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium carrots, corasely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedried medium noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from roast. Cut roast, if necessary, to fit into a 3 1/2 - 4 quart Crockery Pot. Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook roast in hot oil until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, place carrots, onion, and garlic, in cooker. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Combine the undrained tomatoes, the tomato paste , brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaf in a medium bowl. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours (high 4-5 hours). Discard bay leaf. Skim off fat.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Serve mear and vegetables with noodles.