Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my own recipe. We love our roast in a tomato base. My family likes to serve the gravy over rice. Sometimes I leave out the potatoes or carrots—it all depends on what I have on hand.
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, with green chile (if you don't want the spice) or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (if you don't want the spice)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope soup mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 carrots, cut up
- 3 medium potatoes, cut up
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Peel the garlic and cut in half. Cut slits all around the roast and stuff the garlic into the slits. Lightly salt and pepper the roast then roll in flour. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large pot and brown roast on all sides. Once the roast is browned set aside.
- Place all the vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot. Set roast on top.
- In large bowl, combine canned tomatoes, soup mix, bay leaves, parsley, and 1/2 cup of water; mix well and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or until done.
- Remove roast and veggies. Pour roast juices into a pot and thicken for gravy. Serve over rice or potatoes.
Another Fantastic crock pot meal. What my family of five enjoyed about this recipe was the Rotel tomatoes. It made a nice addition to the traditional pot roast. I think next time, I will add two cans of the Rotel tomatoes. The leftovers were just as good. A true keeper. Served it with a side salad and the meal was complete.