Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Not My Mamas Meals http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/bobby-deen/pot-roast-stew-recipe/index.html#
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb carrot, quartered
- 1 lb potato, quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- Sprinkle the meat on all sides with the House Seasoning.
- Heat the oil until hot in a large pot, and then add the meat and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and onions and saute for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, soup mix and bay leaf.
- Cook, covered, until tender, about 55 minutes.
- Uncover, release the steam and let rest in the pot before serving, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note: This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker or conventional oven.