1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Not My Mamas Meals http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/bobby-deen/pot-roast-stew-recipe/index.html#
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb carrot, quartered
- 1 lb potato, quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1Sprinkle the meat on all sides with the House Seasoning.
- 2Heat the oil until hot in a large pot, and then add the meat and sear on all sides.
- 3Add the carrots, potatoes and onions and saute for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, water, soup mix and bay leaf.
- 5Cook, covered, until tender, about 55 minutes.
- 6Uncover, release the steam and let rest in the pot before serving, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7Cook's Note: This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker or conventional oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast Stew
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 649.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: