Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very delicious meal. Potatoes can be added.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 -5 potatoes, cut up (optional)
- Mix first four ingredients and pat into the surface of brisket.
- Melt butter in a Dutch Oven and put in the meat and brown it thoroughly on all sides.
- When the meat is a dark rich brown, put a rack under it so that it will not stick. Discard fat.
- Add 1/2 cup water or tomato juice and the pkge. of onion soup.
- Put on the cover, lower the heat and cook very slowly until the meat is fork tender, about 3-4 hours.
- Add a little liquid from time to time as it cooks away, but never have the liquid more than one inch deep.
- One hour before the pot roast is done, add potatoes.