- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small potatoes, cut in half
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onions in 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Place beef on vegetables.
- Mix horseradish, salt, and pepper, spread evenly over beef.
- Pour water over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.