Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great recipe for left overs or as someone said do overs. Comes together quickly.
Make and share this Pot Roast Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Melt the butter in a pan.
- 2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minute.
- 3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4. Add the mushrooms and thyme and saute until browned, about 12-17 minutes.
- 5. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- 6. Add the broth and beef and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile melt the butter in another pan.
- 8. Mix in the flour and cook until golden brown.
- 9. Mix some of the flour mixture into the soup to thicken to the desired consistency.
I will use this recipe again any time that I have leftover (?plan over) roast beef. I added a chopped carrot with the onions, and omitted the flour/butter roux. It was fast to make, delicious, and nourishing.