Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from the Sharp Carousel Micro-Convection Oven Manual & Cookbook. This recipe uses only the microwave and was developed using 700-1050 watt ovens.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, defrosted and drained
- Pierce meat deeply and thoroughly on all sides with a fork.
- Place meat, sauce mix and water in a large oven cooking bag. Place in casserole dish and secure bag with nylon tie.
- Make six 1/2-inch slits in neck of bag below tie.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) power for 30 minutes.
- Turn roast over; add carrots, onion and potatoes and continue to microwave on medium for 25-60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes to tenderize further and develop flavor.